Dark July depicts the battles fought west of Prochorovka between 10-12 July, 1943. The map/s covers the famed Hill 252.2, the Soviet trenchs to the east, and the Oktiabrski State Farm to the north. We won't make grandiose claims about their meter-to-meter accuracy, but believe they faithfully replicate the two kilometer by one kilometer rectangle.
The 22" x 34" map contains all the detail and beauty gamers have come to expect from Lock 'n Load Publishing. From the lengthy anti-tank ditch to the State Farm, its as nice to look at as it is fun to play on. Dark July includes new rules for anti-tank mines, low wheat, and much more.
Dark July is not a complete game. This is an expansion and requires Band of Heroes and Not One Step Back to play all six of its scenarios.
• One 22" x 34" heavy paper, historical map.
• 85 counters including PzIII Schurzen, Elephant, SS assault troops, and AT Mines.
• Player's Aid Card, newly formatted for this second printing, with expanded sequence of play and all terrain types found in Dark July.
• FULL COLOR rules and scenario booklet. A significant improvement on the first edition. Includes the same six scenarios.
• Dark July is an expansion. You must own Band of Heroes and Not One Step Back to play.
• Assault on Hill 252.2: Elements of the Liebstandarte Adolph Hitler (LAH) attack the 2nd Battalion of the 26th Guards Airborne Regiment.
• Clear the Ditches: The SS attack the Soviet anti-tank ditches and trenches south of the State Farm.
• Counterattack: Elements of the Soviet 29th Tank Corps attack the LAH.
• Road to Prochorovka: The 26th Guards Airborne and 57th Heavy Tank Regiment interdict the LAH on the road to Prochorovka.
• Secure the State Farm: The fight for the Oktiabrski State Farm.
• An Elephant's Charge: Wild battle between elements of the 508th Grenadier Regiment, Panzer-Jager-Abteilung 656 and the Soviet 307th Division.