Game Genre : Tactical
Complexity : Advanced
Game Theatre : Napoleonics
Play Style : Turn-Based IGOUGO - Top Down, Isometric
Take command of the mighty armies of Napoleon and redraw the map of Europe!
John Tiller’s Battleground Napoleonic Wars puts the player in command of the mighty armies of the Napoleonic era, combining the time-tested interface and turn-based game mechanics that made John Tiller’s original game designs famous. With the choice of 2D or 3D battlefield view, dozens of scenarios and more historical information then can be found in most public libraries, John Tiller’s Battleground Napoleonic Wars brings gamers some of the most exciting battles and campaigns from Napoleons famous career.
Players can march across Eastern Europe against the Czar's armies with the original Napoleon in Russia, compete for position and advantage in Prelude to Waterloo, or fight the dramatic final battle of Napoleon in the original Waterloo or even take to the seas in Age of Sail, a bonus game included in this amazing package. Fans of John Tiller’s Napoleonics game mechanics will find this compilation to be a comprehensive and lasting addition to their strategy library. With a convenient difficulty slider and many optional rules, newcomers to the series can also enjoy John Tiller’s excellent game design. Furthermore, the terrain and order of battle for each scenario and campaign has been meticulously researched to create some of the most in-depth and immersive recreations of Napoleon’s major campaigns ever made!
Command the mighty armies of Napoleon and redraw the map of Europe in John Tiller’s Battleground Napoleoinc Wars
• Includes all of John Tiller’s famous original Napoleonic titles in one compilation: Napoleon in Russia, Prelude to Waterloo, and Waterloo
• Includes Age of Sail: Naval Combat in the Napoleonic Age
• Loads of original historical research on the battlefields and orders of battle makes each battle stand out from the rest in accuracy and realism
• Meticulous reconstruction of each battlefield in both 2D and 3D for an added layer of realism and historical accuracy
• 2D and 3D units supported along with multiple zoom levels so players can view the battlefield exactly as they wish
• Custom tune difficulty settings and optional rules to meet your liking
• Each main battle includes many historical and what-if variants, as well as some smaller related battles. In total, this means dozens of scenarios (including the full multi-day battles) and hundreds of hours of quality Napoleonic historical gameplay!
• Complexity: Intermediate to Advanced
• Field of Play: Battlefield
• Historical Period: Napoleonic Wars
• Unit Scale: Regiment and Battery level
• Game Play: (Napoleonics) IGOYOUGO – 15 minute turns
• Game Play: (Age of Sail) Real Time
• Players: 1-2
• AI: Yes
• TCP/IP: No
• PBEM: Yes
• Game Editor: No
• Resolution: Supports Multiple Resolutions Min: 800x600
• Manual: PDF(Download) & B&W Printed(Physical), 92 pages
• Windows 98/2000/XP/Vista
• Low end Pentium or Pentium quivalent
• 256 MB RAM
• 1.2GB of Free HDD space
• Video/Graphics: 32MB