Here for the first time all the juicy details of Spider-Man’s journey to the silver screen are revealed. From script to soundstage, from costumes to visual effects, the book captures the creative energies of those responsible for this supreme act of illusion. Behind the Mask of Spider-Man features:
• Hundreds of never-before-seen photos, costume sketches, storyboards, and set design illustrations
• Candid reflections and delicious anecdotes from cast members, including Tobey Maguire, Willem Dafoe, and Kirsten Dunst
• Fascinating revelations from director Sam Raimi (The Gift, Evil Dead, For Love of the Game) on how he sought to capture the outcast hero who is the essence of Spider-Man
• The magic behind the film’s dazzling visual effects and digital wizardry
• Scenes that never made it into the movie
A movie like this comes along once in a lifetime–a story of good and evil, love and cruelty, awesome powers that become both blessing and curse . . .
It is the marvelous story of Spider-Man.