The Rolemaster Standard System is a detailed, state-of-the-art FRP system that adds realism and depth to your campaign without sacrificing playability.
The Rolemaster Standard Rules are the cornerstone of this system and provide all the rules and guidelines that you need to play in one of the most realistic FRP systems available. Experience the ultimate in fantasy role playing, Rolemaster.
The Rolemaster Standard Rules provide:
• A wide range of character creation choices—20 professions, 16 cultures & races, and 36 training packages (spy, loremaster, diplomat, scout, etc.).
• Material for unique character back-grounds, including: a wide variety of background options, a comprehensive system of talents and flaws, and a system of role traits.
• A system of temporary and potential stats determined by using both assigned and random elements.
• A skill development system that allows a character to develop ability in skills without absolute restrictions. Each skill is grouped with, similar skills in a skill category. In addition to developing individual skills, each skill category can be developed, improving all of the skills in that category.
• Complete, consolidated guidelines for resolving actions: moving maneuvers, static maneuvers (a table for each skill category), extraordinary spell casting attempts, and attacks (melee, missile, and spell).
• Action sequencing based on how fast a character attempts to perform an action: as a snap action (quick with a penalty), as a normal action, or as a deliberate action (slow with a bonus).