Star Hero discusses and describes the science fiction genre for gaming, and shows how to create characters, campaigns, starships, and other elements of the science fiction using the HERO System rules. It includes:
• a complete review of the science fiction genre, from the grittiest Low SF and Military SF stories to the most extravagant Space Opera adventures, with guidelines and suggestions for simulating each part of the genre using the HERO System rules
• discussions about alien life and civilizations, planets, and stars incorporating both the late real-world discoveries and the artisitc license science fiction stories require, with random generation table to help GMs create entire star sectors and worlds quickly and easily
• a detailed chapter on technology, with dozens of example weapons and devices, and including rules for establishing and altering "technology levels" for civilizations and campaigns
• expanded HERO System rules for creating and using starships, mecha, hovercraft, and space stations
• a review of esoteric subjects like psionics and time travel
• a comprehensive chapter on gamemastering science fiction games
Whatever type of science fiction game you like to play, and however you like to play it, Star Hero helps you make it even better!
Star Hero is usable as a stand-alone product, but does not include the HERO System rules, only discussions of how to apply those rules. For the rules themselves, you'll need the HERO System 5th Edition core rulebook.