The TACAM T-60 is an ingenious combination of two bits of captured Soviet equipment, the T-60 light tank and the 76.2mm obr 1936 field gun (FK36(r) as used by the Germans).
34 vehicles were completed by the end of 1943 and assigned to the training unit of the 1st Armored Division where they were split into the 61st and 62nd TACAM companies. They saw service in Transnistria and Basarabia in February to August 1944.
One company of TACAM T-60 tank-hunters continued fighting in Transylvania after the Romanians had joined the Allies. The Romanians also used their old R-2 tanks combined with the Soviet 76.2mm ZIS-3 gun to create the TACAM R-2. This also saw action against the Germans and Hungarians.