Since ancient times the Mideast has witnessed continuous clashes between religions, cultures, and nations. Israel's reestablishment in 1948 attracted refugees from the world over but also generated much resentment.
For the next sixty years conflicts would rage with Israel at the center. 1956, '67 & '73 would be years of major conflict and are all covered in this title. Additionally actions in Lebanon ('82) and assorted strikes in '85, '06 & '07 are also covered.
The violent Mideast chariot clashes continue thousands of years after the Biblical era, but modern chariots now flash across the sky trailing fire and raining down thunder and lightning on the enemy below.
You will benefit from these enhancements as you command your air force over small segments of the Mideast or over the entire central & eastern Mediterranean air space.
30 Scenarios are included covering engagements such as Operation Kadesh in 1956, to Operation Moked in 1967's Six Day War and the 1973 Mansourah Air Battle. Scenarios range in size from small raids such as the 1981 Operation Opera - Iraq Nuclear Reactor Strike to huge battles such as Purple Line - Crisis in the Golan Heights.
Like its predecessor, WOM includes a wide array of scenarios allowing you to fly missions against fortified bases, or to fight an enemy air force for air superiority. You will command aircraft from fixed-wing prop driven Mustangs to Fourth Generation F-15's and F-16's with a wide array of armaments. On the Arab side of the house you will have a choice between Soviet T-34 Mentor's & MiG-15's on up to the MiG-25 Foxbat & the Su-27 Flanker.
War Over the MidEast Features:
As is the hallmark of all Tiller games, WOM brings new engine changes to the series which enhance the time period being portrayed, and as always, all new features will be rolled out for free to the previous titles in the series. The changes to this engine from the 1.0 version of WOV are too numerous to list, include:
• Added new Rules-of-Engagement feature
• Added Time-On-Target, Hold, Recon and other mission specific orders to enable the player to have greater control of their aircraft
• Added multiple levels of detail to airbases to better reflect the type of damage taken and the ability of the airbase to continue various operation types
• Added command nodes and effect reflection of those nodes on child entities
• Added support for Satellites in the database and during game play
• Added new rules to force recon by players for entities such as SAM, Radar, Command Node sites and carriers and submarines
• 1 GHz Pentium CPU
• 256 MB RAM
• 300 MB Hard Drive
• Microsoft Windows 98/2K/XP/Vista operating system
• Microsoft DirectX 9.0+