Explore the fantasy world of D&D and delve into dungeons, slay monsters, and gain treasure!
If you've been thinking of playing D&D or you've played before and you want to get up to speed on the all-new 4th Edition, this is the book for you. Here's what you need to know to join the fantasy fun.
• D&D terminology - understand what ability check, modifier, saving throw, AC, gp, hp, and XP mean.
• Roll the dice - add modifiers and see if you rolled the d20 high enough to beat the challenge.
• Minding your manners - know D&D etiquette so you'll be welcome in any adventure.
• Character building - select your character's race and class, and choose the best powers, skills, feats, and gear.
• Roleplaying - give your character a background and personality quirks.
• Combat - use combat rules, a battle grid, and miniatures to play out furious battles.
• Everything a new player needs to get started playing D&D.
• Details on four fantasy races and four iconic classes.
• Explanations of every number and statistic on the character sheet.
• The best magic items and equipment for characters of all classes.
• Advice on roleplaying and teamwork.
• A ready-to-use adventure to get you started as a Dungeon Master.
• A ready-to-use battle grid with character and monster markers.