UFO: Extraterrestrials is a futuristic real-time/turn-based strategy blend set on the fictional planet of Esperanza in 2025. Having made a bloody first contact with a strange form of life from another planet, the player is thrust into the tough position of leading the defense of this isolated planet against the never-ending assault of these hostile invaders.
• Advanced Artificial Intelligence.
• Free Movement Standard – Can't get into a building? Use a heavy weapon to make your own entrance.
• Weapon and Technology Advancement accomplished by Global Research and Base building.
• Hire and allocate scientists for various research projects.
• Examine aliens, develop better weapons, armor, grenades, med-kits, stim-packs, cannons, vehicles, tanks, hovercrafts, energetic shields, and interceptors.
• Allocate technicians to build the various items that have been researched.
• Prepare and properly equip your team and base to handle the various alien threats and incursions.
• Build/sell hangars, medical sections, detection systems, labs, workshops, stores and SAM sites.
• Intercept and eliminate the alien fighters and transports before they enter the planets air space and reinforce their troops.
• UFOPEDIA provides detailed information on: weapons, vehicles, carriers, robots, interceptors, aliens, base facilities, technologies, ammunition also provides useable on which ammo is effective versus which alien, damage capabilities, speed, cost, and usage.
• Complexity: Medium
• Field of Play: Tactical
• Historical Period: Sci-Fi
• Unit Scale: Individual Units
• Game Play: Space
• Players: 1
• AI: Aliens
• TCP/IP: No
• PBEM: No
• Game Editor: No
• Windows 2000/XP/Vista with DirectX 9.0ca nd greater
• 1.5 Ghz Processor
• 128 MB Video Card with DirectX 9.0c compatible drivers
• 256 MB RAM
• 2.6 GB free hard disk space
• Windows compatible Mouse and Keyboard