Game Genre : Operational
Complexity : Intermediate
Game Theatre : World War II
Play Style : Turn-Based IGOUGO - Top Dow
Take Command and Battle through Europe!
Commander – Europe at War allows the player to command the armies of the Axis or the Allies in World War II. With only two goals at hand, survive and conquer, the player is charged with building and commanding the combined air, land and sea forces of his side. Advance your research to the cutting edge of technology in order to best your opponents and either conquer or liberate Europe!
Commander - Europe at War is easy to learn and elegant, but deep in strategy and hard to master. Players will find themselves glued to their chairs from the beginning when all mayhem breaks loose across the continent with the invasion of Poland in 1939. Research new technologies, manage your manpower reserves, improve your industry, husband your oil supply and manufacture armies, fleets, and bombers to use all available strategic and tactical might to bring about victory.
Commander - Europe at War includes realistic combat resolution that models supply morale, terrain, leadership, equipment, training, strategic weapons and fog of war. To capture the immense scope and distance of WWII, Commander - Europe at War includes 6 epic scenarios with different starting points, including the famous Barbarossa campaign, D-Day, the battle for France, and finally the Grand Campaign that will let the player refight the entirety of the Second World War the way they see fit!
• Huge hex based campaign map ranging from the eastern USA to the West, Africa to the South, Scandinavia to the North and the Urals to the East.
• 6 epic scenarios with different starting points, including Operation Barbarossa, Kursk, D-Day and the Grand Campaign
• Research over 50 advances from 5 different technology areas, with the ability to focus or generalize national research and invest more or fewer resources in it as desired
• 12 different unit types, including Light Tanks, Heavy Tanks, Fighters, Destroyers, Fleets and Motorized Corps, each with their own strengths and weaknesses
• Recruit and attach Historical Commanders to your units to improve performance based on the leader's abilities
• Realistic combat that models supply, morale, terrain, leadership, equipment, training, strategic weapons and fog of war
• Easy to learn, hard to master game play that is the cornerstone of Slitherine game design
• Multiplayer via e-mail, hotseat, Internet and including optional timed turns and 7 difficulty settings
• Use of Osprey publishing artwork in game, a leading publisher of military history books.
• Easily moddable script files that allow players to alter many aspects of gameplay including research, unit status, terrain effects and many others.
• ... and many more!
• Complexity: Medium
• Field of Play: Tactical/Operational
• Historical Period: World War II
• Unit Scale: Corps
• Game Play: IGO
• Players: 2
• AI: Yes
• TCP/IP: Yes
• PBEM: Yes
• Game Editor: No, but data files are moddable scripts
• Windows 98/ME/2000/XP
• Pentium 4 1.4GHz or Athlon Equivalent required
• 512 MB RAM
• 300 MB of Free HDD space
• DirectX 9.0C or higher
• 32 mb Graphics Card with latest drivers