The Age of Arthur – Warfare in the British Dark Ages 400 AD – 800 AD is a source book for Warhammer Ancient Battles.
This exciting period of British history saw the foundations of England, Scotland and Wales laid down by the warring Saxons, Romano-Britons, Welsh, Irish and Picts.
Arthur himself may have led British resistance against the Saxons, but this supplement also focuses on the other great warlords of the age – including Cadwallon of Gwynedd, Vortigern of the Britons, and Ecgfrith of Northumbria – and their warbands.
This source book contains a suggested historical overview and chronology of the period, as well as 19 detailed army lists featuring:
• The Romano-British Civitates – including the armies of Vortigern, Ambrosius and the Bretons.
• The British and Welsh Kingdoms – including the kingdoms of Gododdin, Gwynedd, Strathclyde and Dumnonia.
• The Saxons – including Saxon raiders as well as the kingdoms of the Heptarchy.
• The Franks – the armies of the early Merovingians.
• The Picts – including the Northern and Southern Picts, and the enigmatic Attecotti.
• The Scots-Irish – including Irish raiders and the kingdoms of Dalriada and Ireland.
• There is also a section on wargaming Arthur in history for those who wish to use the great hero in their armies! Accompanying each of the army lists are suggestions for collecting, painting and wargaming with the various armies that fought in Dark Age Briton.
Other resources include a full-color section portraying the armies of the time and a wealth of illustrations and maps.
This book contains 15 exciting scenarios and two full campaigns – Mount Badon and the Raiding Season – to help you recreate the atmosphere of early medieval warfare – The Age of Arthur.